Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Daily Shot Review- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Episode 1938: Bell Of Pain, Bag Of Blame, And Armaan’s Shock Frame

    February 21, 2026

    Toxic Or Tonic: Will Yash’s Fairytale Gamble After KGF Pay Off?

    February 21, 2026

    Akshaye Khanna And Arjun Rampal ‘Cried Uncontrollably’ After Filming 26/11 Scene in Dhurandhar, Reveals R Madhavan

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook Twitter Instagram
    • Bollywood
    • Kannada
    • Tamil
    • Telugu
    • OTT
    Facebook Twitter Instagram
    Cutting ShotsCutting Shots
    • Home
    • Review
      • Bollywood
      • Kannada
      • Tamil
      • Telugu
      • OTT
    • Interview
    • Features
      • Box Office
      • Retro Diaries
      • CS Special
    • TV
    • Web Stories
    • CS Gallery
      • Photos
    • Others
      • Author
    Cutting ShotsCutting Shots
    Home»News»Don 3: Farhan Akhtar Breaks His Silence On Getting Mixed Reactions For Choosing Ranveer Singh Over Shah Rukh Khan
    News

    Don 3: Farhan Akhtar Breaks His Silence On Getting Mixed Reactions For Choosing Ranveer Singh Over Shah Rukh Khan

    Team Cutting ShotsBy Team Cutting ShotsAugust 17, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Farhan Akhtar, in a new interview, reacted to criticism over Ranveer Singh’s casting in Don 3.

    Farhan-Akhtar-Don-3

    After years of speculations, Farhan Akhtar finally announced the much-awaited Don 3 with Ranveer Singh. However, his announcement came across as a huge disappointment for Shah Rukh Khan fans who were eagerly waiting for the superstar to reprise his role of a gangster like he did in the previous two films in the franchise.

    In a recent interview, Farhan addressed the criticism over Ranveer’s casting in Don 3. The filmmaker shared that the Cirkus actor is excited and nervous to step into the franchise which was previously led by Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan. Akhtar also assured fans that Ranveer is going to do a great job in the film.

    Farhan told BBC Asian Network, “Ranveer is amazing. He’s great for the part. He’s also, as you can imagine, really excited and really nervous, about the thing. You’re filling some big shoes before you. But we went through the same emotional process when Shah Rukh did it and everyone was like ‘Oh my God, how can you replace Mr Bachchan?’ That whole thing happened then.”

    ALSO READ: Rohit Shetty Takes The Blame For Ranveer Singh’s Cirkus Failure; ‘We Obviously Went Wrong Somewhere’

    The director said that it is also his responsibility to make the sequel work and added, “It really is about an actor coming in and owning the part and making it really like, giving it their style and their flair. And he has that, he has that in spades. So, he is going to do a great job. I think the responsibility is more mine now to make sure that the script and the film work out the way I imagine.”

    Farhan further shared that Don 3 will go on floors only in 2025. He said that he is still in the process of finalising the cast for the film.

    Speaking about Ranveer Singh, the Bollywood star was last seen in Karan Johar’s Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani alongside Alia Bhatt.

    don 3 farhan akhtar ranveer singh shah rukh khan
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    cropped-avatar-team.jpg
    Team Cutting Shots
    • Website

    Team Cutting Shots brings you engaging content including news, features, reviews and box office from the entertainment world to giving you a peek into what goes behind that 70mm screen or small screen in the form of interviews, the platform brings you all.

    Related Posts

    Akshaye Khanna And Arjun Rampal ‘Cried Uncontrollably’ After Filming 26/11 Scene in Dhurandhar, Reveals R Madhavan

    February 21, 2026

    Rekha As Madame Maya: The Untold Story Behind Her Casting In Akshay Kumar’s Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi

    February 20, 2026

    O’Romeo Credits Explained: Why Vishal Bhardwaj Thanked Aamir Khan Without A Cameo

    February 20, 2026
    Add A Comment

    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    What's Trending

    Akshaye Khanna And Arjun Rampal ‘Cried Uncontrollably’ After Filming 26/11 Scene in Dhurandhar, Reveals R Madhavan

    February 21, 2026

    Rekha As Madame Maya: The Untold Story Behind Her Casting In Akshay Kumar’s Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi

    February 20, 2026

    O’Romeo Credits Explained: Why Vishal Bhardwaj Thanked Aamir Khan Without A Cameo

    February 20, 2026

    Neena Gupta Shares How She Got Angry Over Subhash Ghai’s ‘Look Fuller’ Costume Demand For Khalnayak’s ‘Choli Ke Peeche’

    February 19, 2026

    Anurag Kashyap Recalls How He Once Lost His Cool When An Actor Failed A Simple Walking Scene: ‘I Made Chalk Marks…’

    February 19, 2026

    Welcome to our cinematic cave called Cutting Shots.

    Quick Links
    • About Us
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Privacy Policy
    • Contact Us
    Reviews
    • Bollywood
    • Kannada
    • Tamil
    • Telugu
    Features
    • Box Office
    • CS Special
    • Reader’s Pen
    • Retro Diaries
    Entertainment
    • Interview
    • TV
    • Web Stories
    • Photos
    Facebook Instagram YouTube Twitter
    © 2026 Cutting Shots.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.